Rasheem Carter update: Missing man found dead with severed head near Taylorsville, Mississippi, Attorney Ben Crump says

LAURAL, Miss. — Rasheem Carter, a Mississippi Black man who went missing last October after claiming he was being targeted by white men in his community, was found dead and body dismembered shortly after according to a newly released autopsy, and his family is asking for a federal probe into his death.

Carter was reported missing two days after his last known sighting in Laurel, Mississippi, last October and days after telling his mother and the police about being targeted by white men in the community.

Around a month later on Nov. 2, the 25-year-old’s remains were found in a wooded area south of Taylorsville.

“One thing is for certain … This was not a natural killing. This was not a natural death. This represents a young man who was killed,” attorney Ben Crump said during a press conference Monday, releasing the findings of an autopsy report by the Mississippi State Medical Examiner’s Office.

The report states that the conditions of the remains at the time of the autopsy make it difficult to determine exact timing of the injuries, and states there were signs of animal activity on the remains clouding the picture.

The medical examiner ruled that the cause and manner of death are both undetermined in the report.

Crump, in collaboration with his co-counsel Carlos Moore, is calling for the U.S. Department of Justice to open a federal investigation into Carter’s death.

Carter’s head was severed from his body, with his spinal cord recovered in an area separate from his head, according to Crump.

“They have recently found remains that they believe are also Rasheem Carter at another part of where he went missing, and what that tells us is, this was a nefarious act. This was an evil act. Somebody murdered Rasheem Carter. And we cannot

Read the rest

Attorney Takes Gloves Off In Somers Point, NJ Shooting Death

Attorney V. Scott Macom’s client, Jesse Carter remains jailed in the Atlantic County Justice Facility and Macom doesn’t believe it’s right.

We were the first to report about a shooting death in Somers Point, New Jersey on Saturday, March 4, 2023. Here is a link to our first report about the shooting death of a 31-year-old Somers Point woman.

Macom’s client, Jesse Carter (29), is not currently being jailed for this shooting death. Carter is in the Atlantic County Justice Facility for unrelated gun charges.

Read More: Somers Point, NJ ‘Death Investigation’ Today Is Underway

We have known the identity of the deceased Somers Point woman since March 4, 2023. However, law enforcement has not publicly identified her and we will continue to keep this faith and honor the privacy.

However, this report will go dramatically further than any previous article about this tragic situation and provide many specifics not previously known before now.

We had an extensive and exclusive, one-on-one interview with Macom, who did not hold back in his assessment that his client should not be in jail under the present circumstances.

The following narrative, is a graphic, verbatim account of our interview with Macom, who is blunt in his overall assessment and also critical of law enforcement regarding this matter.

V. Scott Macom via Facebook.

V. Scott Macom via Facebook.

ATTORNEY V. SCOTT MACOM EXCLUSIVELY REVEALED THE FOLLOWING ELABORATE DETAILS TO US AS FOLLOWS:

“The death of the young woman is unfortunate. However, the detention of my client is egregious. I attached the probable cause for his arrest today on the grounds that the police had no articulable suspicion of a crime that would prompt them to search the car at the back of the house.” said Macom.

“The “crime” was her suicide. Prior to her committing

Read the rest

Texas District Attorney names San Antonio officer who shot 17-year-old in a McDonald’s parking lot

By Josh Campbell, Michelle Watson and Emma Tucker, CNN

The Texas police officer who shot a 17-year-old man while he was eating a meal in a McDonald’s parking lot last week has been named, as the teen remains in critical condition, Bexar County District Attorney Joe Gonzales said in a statement.

San Antonio Officer James Brennand, described by the police department as a probationary officer with seven months of experience, was fired for violating the agency’s tactics, training and procedures, police said.

Brennand shot Erik Cantu, who was initially charged with evading detention in a vehicle and assaulting the officer, as Brennand had claimed he was struck by the door of the car as the teen backed up.

“While Sunday’s shooting of an unarmed teenager by a then-San Antonio Police officer remains under investigation, the facts and evidence we have received so far led us to reject the charges against Erik Cantu for further investigation,” Gonzales’ office said in a statement .

“Once SAPD completes its investigation into the actions of former Officer James Brennand and submits the case to our office, our Civil Rights Division will fully review the filing. As we do with all officer-involved shootings that result in death or serious injury, we will submit the case to a Grand Jury for their consideration. Until that happens, we can make no further comment on this matter.”

The teenager’s family issued a statement Monday saying he is in critical condition and undergoing surgeries to repair injuries to major organs from bullets.

“Erik is currently on a life support system that is keeping his lungs operating and remains on a vast amount of sedatives to hopefully ease the discomfort and pain,” the statement said.

“He has a great medical staff that has been working diligently around the clock to

Read the rest

Colorado law enforcement reexamining if disgraced social worker connected to phony bomb threat: Report

Law enforcement officials in Colorado are reportedly re-examining a false bomb threat made in Arapahoe County to determine if a former social worker – who has been accused of fabricating reports against dozens of parents to tear families apart – played any role in the phony threat.

“It’s a very big deal, we’ve known about it since May when our investigation started,” Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson Ginger Delgado told CBS Colorado of the office being aware of the bomb threat case.

Multiple law enforcement sources told the outlet that authorities are revisiting the bomb threat made in January at the Arapahoe County Department of Human Services. Former social worker for the agency, Robin Niceta, was the first person to report the phony threat, according to CBS Colorado.

Niceta resigned from her position as a social worker for the Arapahoe County Department of Human Services in May when accusations of misconduct mounted against her and she was ultimately arrested on charges of retaliation against an elected official and making a false report.

COLORADO COUNCILWOMAN SAYS ‘POLITICAL ATTACK’ BY SOCIAL WORKER UNLEASHED TROVES OF OTHER ALLEGATIONS

Booking photo of former Colorado social worker Robin Niceta.  (Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office)

Booking photo of former Colorado social worker Robin Niceta. (Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office)
(Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office)

Niceta was charged after the Arapahoe sheriff’s office determined she made a false claim that Aurora Councilwoman Danielle Jurinsky sexually abused her own son back in January of this year. The bogus claim came after Jurinsky went on a local radio show and made critical remarks against then-Aurora Police Chief Vanessa Wilson, who unbeknownst to Jurinsky was dating Niceta at the time.

The Aurora Police Department investigated the bomb threat in January, but never arrested or named a suspect in the case.

Niceta reported the bomb threat on Jan. 11 after she and another employee for the Arapahoe

Read the rest

Falls Police Chief Whitney back on job Monday after being cleared of ‘alleged wrongdoing,’ attorney says

Falls Township Police Chief Nelson Whitney has confirmed he will return to his job overseeing the 53-officer department Monday, five months after his sudden suspension.

But the mystery behind his unexplained forced departure continues, though Whitney’s attorney confirmed Saturday his client has been cleared of “any alleged wrongdoing.”

Falls Township officials have not publicly revealed the reason they placed Whitney on paid administrative leave on April 26, beyond that they planned to investigate the “regarding performance of his duties.”

Falls Township Police Chief Nelson Whitney, on Friday, March 4, 2022, talks about the donations of expired police equipment from his members, that will be shipped to Ukraine.

Falls Township Police Chief Nelson Whitney, on Friday, March 4, 2022, talks about the donations of expired police equipment from his members, that will be shipped to Ukraine.

Whitney confirmed Friday that he will be returning as police chief Monday. He declined to comment further on the circumstances of his leave and return.

“I am returning to my duties as chief of police,” Whitney said in a text message. “I look forward to continuing my service to the community of Falls Township and working with the men and women of the Falls Township Police Department.”

In a statement released Saturday, Whitney’s attorney, Scott Pollins, said his client was cleared following an outside legal investigation.

“Falls Township hired the law firm of Campbell Durrant PC to investigate allegations of wrongdoing made against Chief Whitney,” Pollins said in the statement. “Representatives of Campbell Durrant performed a thorough and comprehensive investigation and no wrongdoing was found on behalf of Chief Whitney.”

The statement did not specific what acts Whitney had been accused of and the township has refused to provide either him or his client with a copy of the investigation and its findings.

Township officials have not released any details about its investigation of Whitney, including any findings, the cost to taxpayers and who conducted it.

Falls Township Manager Matt Takita did not

Read the rest

Federal judge blocks Arizona law limiting filming of police

PHOENIX — A federal judge on Friday blocked enforcement of a new Arizona law restricting how the public and journalists can film police, agreeing with the American Civil Liberties Union and multiple media organizations who argued it violated the First Amendment.

US District Judge John J. Tuchi issued a preliminary injunction that stops the law from being enforced when it is set to take effect on Sept. 24. The quick decision came after Republican Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich and the prosecutor and sheriff’s office in Maricopa County told the judge they did not plan to defend the law. They were named as defendants in the lawsuit filed last month.

The law was enacted by the Republican-controlled Legislature over unified opposition from Democrats and signed by GOP Gov. Doug Ducey on July 6.

It makes it illegal to knowingly film police officers 8 feet or closer if the officer tells the person to stop. And on private property, an officer who decides someone is interfering or the area is unsafe can order the person to stop filming even if the recording is being made with the owner’s permission.

The penalty is a misdemeanor that would likely incur a fine without jail time.

KM Bell, an ACLU attorney who lobbied against the bill at the Legislature and was in court Friday, said they were pleased the judge acted quickly.

“We are extremely gratified that Arizonans will not have their constitutional rights infringed and their ability to record the police criminalized by this law,” Bell said.

Bystander cellphone videos are largely credited with revealing police misconduct — such as with the 2020 death of George Floyd at the hands of Minneapolis officers — and reshaping the conversation around police transparency. But Republican Arizona lawmakers say the legislation was needed to limit

Read the rest

Area law enforcement offers support after Richmond officer’s injuries deemed ‘unrecoverable’

Area law enforcement agencies have expressed their support for the Richmond Police Department Officer Seara Burton and her family, after her injuries were deemed “unrecoverable”.

Wednesday, Richmond Police Department said that Burton will be taken off of life support on Thursday Sept. 1.

life support, department says” class=”link “Richmond Police Officer shot in line of duty to be taken off life support, department says

Burton was shot in the line of duty earlier this month and has remained in critical condition since.

The Wayne County Sheriff’s Department in Indiana posted to social media asking people to “please keep the family, friends and comrades of officer Seara Burton in your thoughts and prayers as they navigate this senseless tragedy.”

officer third local officer shot in line of duty in less than a month” class=”link “Richmond officer third local officer shot in line of duty in less than a month

Hagerstown Indiana Police said their “hearts are broken.”

Sugarcreek Township Police Department posted a picture of Burton to social media and said “we are saddened by the recent news about Richmond, Officer Seara Burton. She will be taken off life support. She fought a very long hard fight. Rest easy Officer Burton, we will take it from here.”

WATCH: Social media video shows Richmond officer’s fiancee walk down aisle at hospital

In Darke County, the Village of Versailles EMS said “our thoughts are with our brothers and sisters in blue at the Richmond Police Department. as always, VEMS will assist in any way possible if requested.”

Final arrangements for Burton will be released in the following days.

Read the rest

Indiana police officer shot and killed during traffic stop in ‘senseless act of violence’

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

A 24-year-old police officer was shot and killed during a traffic stop in Madison County, Indiana, around 2 am on Sunday, according to law enforcement.

Noah Shahnavaz, a US Army veteran who had been a member of the Elwood Police Department for 11 months, was taken to an Indianapolis-area hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.

The suspect, 42-year-old Carl Roy Webb Boards II, allegedly got out of a 2012 Buick LaCrosse after being pulled over and fired at Shahnavaz multiple times, striking him at least once, according to the Indiana State Police.

Boards then apparently fled the scene in his car before Hamilton County Sheriff’s deputies located him around 2:30 am

Police deployed a tire deflation device and performed two PIT maneuvers, sending the Buick into a median. Boards was taken into custody without further incident.

He will be charged on Monday with murder, possession of a firearm by a violent felon, resisting law enforcement, as well as two enhancements for use of a firearm and being a habitual offender, according to Madison County chief deputy prosecutor Andrew Hannah.

TWO LOS ANGELES-AREA POLICE OFFICERS DIE AFTER SHOOTOUT WITH SUSPECT

“Noah proudly wore the Elwood Police Department uniform, serving the citizens of Elwood, he was part of our city family. A senseless act of violence robbed this man of the life and career that he had ahead of him,” Elwood Mayor Todd Jones said at a press conference on Sunday afternoon.

“On behalf of myself, my family and a most grateful city, I’m asking you to keep Noah’s family, friends, the Elwood Police Department and our city in your thoughts and prayers as we attempt to navigate through this tragic time.”

Carl Roy Webb Boards II, 42, allegedly shot and killed a police officer on Sunday morning in Madison County, Indiana.

Carl Roy Webb Boards II, 42, allegedly shot and

Read the rest