Whilst Adrian admitted that, as a company, Jaguar Land Rover needs to work on improving the security of their models, he highlighted that the situation is continuously getting better.
In particular, he stated that, out of the 45,200 examples produced since 2019, only 134 new-generation Land Rover Defenders have been reported stolen.
Nevertheless, the Range Rover Sport was still the fifth most stolen model of 2023, with 1,631 being taken by thieves.
Small Czech company beats major brands by launching first electric off-roader on UK market [REPORT]
‘It’s a handy thing’ – Useful feature lets Ford Fiesta owners limit top speed for others [INSIGHT]
Checking one stat can help drivers save hundreds as cheapest new cars to insure ranked [ANALYSIS]
To fight the criminals, Jaguar Land Rover launched a new security system at the end of 2023, which helps to prevent thieves gaining entry by using a fake keyless fob.
Whilst the technology is new, the company has noted that the feature can be implemented on some older models, with some dealers already making contact with owners.
Motorists were also advised to download the ‘Land Rover Remote’ app to their smartphone and activate the ‘Guardian Mode’ feature to monitor any activity surrounding the car.
- Own Your Stuff: Here Are The Most Common Types Of Legal Business Structures
- Which Car Insurance Company Is the Best When Someone Has a Rebuilt Title – InsuranceNewsNet
- Springfield rental car agency owner faces charge of insurance fraud
- Fired-up NJ Senate President calls opposition to costly auto insurance plan 'nonsense'
- Gallagher on what's needed for correction in commercial auto insurance