Hanley, Flight & Zimmerman is looking for local patent attorneys with 1-5 years of experience to join their patent prosecution team.
Hanley, Flight & Zimmerman (HFZ), a boutique law firm located in downtown Chicago, is looking for local patent attorneys with 1-5 years of experience to join their patent prosecution team. HFZ represents clients in a wide variety of industries and technologies including the automotive, aerospace, electronics, software, Internet, e-commerce, wireless and cloud technology sectors, artificial intelligence and machine learning, biomedical instrumentation and consumer goods, process technologies, and digital signal processing industries, media and process control technologies, amongst others. This full-time position has a billable hour requirement of 1850 hours with year-end bonus potential. This position is located in Chicago, IL, with an option of hybrid/remote work.
Benefits of working with HFZ:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and strong benefits package
- Excellent work/life balance
- HFZ works with many Fortune 500 technology companies and three of the top twenty-five patent-producing companies in the US
- Exposure to a wide variety of technologies and clients
- Team environment
- Small Firm environment with an Open-door Policy allowing easy access to senior attorneys and Managing Partners
- Non-Equity/Equity Partnership consideration after a total of seven years’ work experience, two years of which must be with HFZ.
Hanley, Flight & Zimmerman, LLC is committed to diversity as a core value of the firm. We continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. A diverse and inclusive workforce enriches our work experience and enhances the value of our legal services. HFZ is an Equal Opportunity/ M/F/Vet/Disabled Employer.
Patent Preparation, Prosecution, and Counseling.
- 1-5 years of patent prosecution experience
- Admitted to USPTO
- Registered attorney
- Previous work focused primarily on drafting and prosecuting patent applications and office action responses
- Excellent academic credentials in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Biomedical or Mechanical Engineering
To apply interested candidates are asked to submit their resume, law and engineering transcripts, cover letter, and if available, a writing sample of a published patent or office action response to the attention of Bill O’Connor, Recruitment Manager, via the Patent Associate Attorney Job Opportunity posted on HFZ’s website.
Please mention you found the position on the IPWatchdog JobOrtunities™ Job Board.
About Hanley, Flight & Zimmerman:
HFZ is a two-decade-old patent firm that specializes in delivering top-quality patent prosecution and counseling services to numerous Fortune 500 companies and global technology leaders. With our team of excellent patent attorneys and dedicated professional staff, we deliver exceptional patent prosecution and portfolio management services to our diverse clientele. We thrive in an inclusive environment that provides ongoing mentorship for the career development of our team members. We offer a dynamic team-focused work environment, excellent work/life balance, an Open Door Policy allowing easy access to Senior Attorneys and Managing Partners, and a competitive benefits package.
- Trademark Attorney Ticora Davis Shares What Business Owners Should Do To Protect Their Intellectual Property
- Attorney given annual award for professionalism
- Business leaders, attorneys clash over changing workers comp
- Law in the Marketplace: Business start-ups and IRAs
- Michigan attorney general settles dispute with Mackinaw City hotel family